Ulu News March 9 2016
The official Arctic Winter Games 2016 newsletter is out. A selection of today’s stories is:
- Hold it! Hold it! Hold it! Winning ulus in the stick pull requires a grip that can hang on to even the most slippery of fish.
- Concentrate and jump: The traditional Arctic game kneel jump is a much a mental as a physical challenge.
- A pucking good idea: Canada’s ice rinks are more than just a good place to skate. They’re also classrooms for life lessons.
- Outdoing the Northern Lights: The man putting together Thursday’s fireworks display promises that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Cultural medallions made of recycled shell casings The medallions awarded to the cultural participants are as unique as those who are receiving them.
- AWG piggy bank earns money for others: Sales of the Grønlandsbanken Kuluk piggy bank will be used to fund AWG2016.